Monday, February 20, 2012

Tasty Bookmarks!

After writing my last post, I spent a good 4 hours trying to find how you can get a word cloud to appear with all my bookmark tags. However, I soon realized this was no longer possible because the ownership of Delicious.com has changed. Regardless, I began playing around with the website. It does take some navigation prowess, therefore, I have had it pulled up for each class and I have been creating links during each class we have had. I had saved links for the webpages I really like; which is the whole point of this Web 2.0 technology.

 Now that I have some awesome links, what good are they held all to myself? So, it is my intent to share them with you. What I have done is created something called a stack. On delicious, you can group links that relate to each other in a stack and share the links in that stack. The drawback is you must publish each stack first and make it public (i.e. any delicious user can see it), then you can share on facebook, twitter, and elsewhere. It is my goal to share my ET630 stacks with all of you... once I figure out the share button... Like I said, there is a degree of prowess. I just found an html to cut and paste but this is not as user friendly as the last version.

 I will add though, I have converted one of my coworkers. She asked about it, I showed it to her, and she proceed to add the 'save on delicious' link to her favorites toolbar. She had the same problem I had which was, I'd find awesome links, and it would be saved on my computer at home and I couldn't use it or find it at school. See, what's cool about delicious, is that you can be browsing on the web, like you usually do, and when you want to save a bookmark you click on your 'delicious' link on your toolbar, and you can automatically save that link without having to go through the sign in process. Like all things, if you fiddle-faddle with it, you learn it, and the applications are endless. So, I'm going to go back to work on trying to link my stack to this blog so you can see an example!

No comments:

Post a Comment