My parents are pretty hilarious. They had found a video on YouTube called "So you want to be a teacher and get merit pay". (I suggest you google it and view it as it is too PG13 for an educational site). Anyway, the video is made with a website called "xtranormal" which I had seen before.
Basically, you go to this website, you pick the background, the characters, their movements, etc. Then, you type what each character says! And Poof! Instant video!
On the website, there are some xtranormal videos that are done to imitate historical figures and such. I had planned (years ago) to use it to make videos about important concepts and post them on the internet or show them in class to students so that they can watch a funny video about something versus me talking to them.
I have linked below an xtranormal video I saw on photosynthesis that I thought was pretty awesome as an example of educational use. However, I feel this Web 2.0 technology is so easy to use that students could use it as well to create short clips that can teach peers concepts or recap something we learned in class in a different way.
The question I now ask myself when considering using the website is that "Does it really help my students do something better?" For some of them, I think it would help them analyze the information better. Now when I ask students to present they are just joking around and they do not present their work coherently. If they had to type it and work out a script then I think they are learning better and will in turn teach others better. What do you all think?
http://www.xtranormal.com/
photosynthesis video:
Photosythisis
by: scarnose09
No comments:
Post a Comment